Cooking with Chia?
Grain Free Chia Buckwheat Pizza
- ¼ cup chia seeds (whole)
- ¾ cup water
- 3 tbsp unrefined whole grain buckwheat flour (gluten free)
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 tbsp pine nuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds, chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 4-5 slices bell pepper, sliced
- small handful fresh basil leaves
- 1-2 tsp oregano, dried
- ½ Spanish onion, sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 oz goats cheddar cheese, grated
- handful arugula leaves (rucola)
- Combine chia seeds, water, buckwheat flour, oregano & salt and mix well until the mixture starts to thicken up.
- Add chopped pine nuts and pumpkin seed.
- Spread out the crust mixture on a piece of parchment paper and form the dough in a round shape. Flatten to about 1 cm for a firm thin crust.
- Bake at 175°C (350°F) for 30-40 minutes until firm.
- Remove from oven and add toppings of your choice and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Grate goat's cheese on top and sprinkle with fresh arugula before serving.