Cooking with Chia?
Peanut Butter and Jelly Chia Seed Pudding
A deceptively decadent vegan breakfast or snack, peanut butter & jelly chia seed pudding tastes like eating a big bowl of peanut butter - heaven
Prep Time ~ 5 min / Total Time ~ 5 min
1. 2 cups vanilla almond milk
2. ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
3. ¼ cup chia seeds
4. ¼ cup jelly or jam
5. Salted peanuts, for topping (optional)
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the almond milk and the peanut butter until completely combined. Add the ¼ cup chia seeds and mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. When you're ready to eat the chia seed pudding, stir the mixture vigorously until the entire thing comes together in a pudding-like consistency (it may separate a bit in the fridge). Stir in the jelly and spoon into individual bowls. Top with salted peanuts, if desired.
1. You can also pre-portion this chia seed pudding for breakfast throughout the week (my preferred method). To each of 4 mason jars, add ½ cup vanilla almond milk and 1 tbsp. peanut butter; shake or stir to combine. Add 1 tbsp. chia seeds and combine. Cover each jar and refrigerate for at least 1 night. Whenever you're ready to eat one, stir in 1 tbsp. jelly and top with a few salted peanuts. Breakfast is SERVED!
2. Total time listed does not include overnight refrigeration.
By My Bacon-Wrapped Life